Mammut Smart HMS
HMS carabiner with safety gate
Mammut Smart HMS carabiner with safety gate to prevent accidental cross-loading.
The Smart HMS is all about safety and easy handling.
The screw gate can be operated only when the safety gate is open.
This prevents accidental opening as well as unintentional twisting of the carabiner in the belay loop of the climbing harness, ruling out the risk of dangerous cross-loading of the carabiner.
Mammut recommends use of the Smart HMS for the Smart 2.0.
• The safety gate means the carabiner can be used only when it is securely closed
• Optimized design for smooth belaying and high service life
• Key lock nose for easy clipping and unclipping without snagging
• Cut: Basic
• Horizontal breaking load: 12 kN
• Vertical breaking load: 24 kN
• Open breaking load: 7 kN
• Weight: 102 g