The Petzl Spirit Express has a straight-gate SPIRIT carabiner on top and a bent-gate version on bottom. The top carabiner, equipped with the Keylock system and a special nose shape, facilitates clipping and unclipping the anchor. The bottom carabiner, with bent gate and Keylock system, facilitates clipping the rope. The EXPRESS sling is equipped with a STRING protector to hold the lower carabiner in position. Its ergonomic shape offers excellent grip when working a route.
- SPIRIT carabiners:
- H-shaped profile offers an improved strength/weight ratio
- wider contact surfaces for better rope glide and reduced wear on the carabiner
- SPIRIT straight gate (upper part): facilitates clipping and unclipping, thanks to the Keylock system and the shape of its nose
- SPIRIT bent gate (lower part): facilitates clipping the rope, thanks to the Keylock system
- EXPRESS sling:
- ergonomic shape for excellent grip
- lower end equipped with STRING to hold the carabiner in position and protect the webbing from wear
- Available in two lengths: 12 and 17 cm
- 21 mm straight gate
- 25 mm bent gate
Aluminium, polyester, rubber
I can't believe it's not butterBy: Max on 6 April 2019Damn these things are good! Pretty dandy for working sport routes because they're chunky and hard wearing. The fat dogbones are really good for grabbing onto when working a hard crux, and the 17cm version is big enough to fully commit with two hands when wimping out. They're light enough for me to happily use them in a trad situation too. They are also orange, which is nice.