It's bright orange, need we say more? Actually there's plenty to boast about with the Petzl Sama, petzl's best all around sport harness. Made with comfort and maximum freedom of movement in mind.
The Petzl Sama has fitted elastic leg loops offer complete freedom of movement. The DoubleBack Light buckle on the waist belt ensures quick and easy adjustment. The tie-in points are made of high-tenacity polyethylene for improved resistance to rope friction.
- ENDOFRAME Technology construction guarantees excellent weight distribution for optimal comfort:
- waist belt and leg loops with doubled straps
- waist belt wider on the sides
- No compression points or chafing zones on the waist belt because there are no crossing seams
- DoubleBack Light buckle allows quick and easy adjustment of the waist belt
- Tie-in points:
- high-tenacity polyethylene for improved resistance to rope friction
- red wear indicator on lower bridge to easily identify when the harness should be retired
- Fitted elastic leg loops give complete freedom of movement
- Four equipment loops: two rigid ones in front for quick and easy access to equipment and two flexible ones in the rear to avoid creating pressure points with a backpack
- Two slots for CARITOOL tool holder
- Rear loop for haul rope
- Detachable leg loop elastics
Material(s): nylon, polyester, EVA, polyurethane, aluminium, high-tenacity polyethylen
Bought it for the colour5 July 2018This isn't a good harness, it's great. I bought this harness when this version came out and have since used it constantly for top rope, sport, multi pitch trad, route setting and swinging from the occasional gumtree. It's on the sportier side of the spectrum so I found that hours spent in a hanging belay resulted in loss of leg feeling but overall, I'm really happy. It's comfy, I can move well, it's really durable and I few times I've actually forgotten I was wearing it. Did I mention that it's bright orange?
I love Petzl.By: Will Hammersla on 1 December 2016The best damn harness I have ever worn. Petzl know what they are doing when it comes to harnesses. I set in a petzl, I climb in a petzl, I love my petzl. They are probably not as light as some of the harnesses on the market, or quite as flashy, but who needs that when you are this damn comfortable! My god. Don’t think, just buy, you won’t regret this choice.
New and Improved!By: Tom on 29 November 2016I loved the old Sama and Petzl keep making great little changes with each new instalment. It’s lightweight, comfortable and looks awesome.